The Bachelor of Education program at Techno University is one of the most successful undergraduates and Techno has made a reputation in churning out top notch graduates year after year for Lucknow University.
The world has witnessed a phenomenal and unprecedented explosion in communication technology and media. All boundaries have been transcended, and the entire global community seems to have been brought together into one unified whole. And it is here that mass-communication, as a stream of study, and as a career, becomes so important and enviable. MA in Journalism and Mass Communication is not limited to journalism alone. To a great extent mass media is a modern reality which covers all aspects of human life. This Course provides conceptual tools to the students for understanding critically how society is mediated by the media world.
When it comes to recruitment sections and all the top recruiters of Techno, the institute have got the rich golden hand on it. Some of the fast approaching recruiters under high-tech competitive framework are mentioned below.
Techno recruiters have marched to enclave developed outcomes in shaping student’s career. It is this new era of context which paves a distinct pathway to harness greater and rigid domain for large-scale employability.
Do you wish to pursue a career in Mass Communication? Do you have the knack for cinema, videography, journalism, politics and media in general? A degree in Mass Communication would open the gates for a wide variety of career prospects. Mass communication is the realm of media sciences which includes the transmission of a message, opinion, or attitude (i.e. communication) to a mass audience. It does not only centre around mere reporting as seen in the olden days, but has stretched its path into the world of the television, radio, news channels, advertising agencies and even the internet. The information addressed to the public is done on a large scale, at very low costs that make this medium the quickest and easiest way to communicate on a national as well as international level. It is a powerful tool which has the capacity to change the way people feel or act towards a certain situation or trend. Advertising proves as the finest example to attract potential customers towards a certain product or brand. In addition to that, mass communication degrees have paved the way for prosperous fields. The scope of a mass communications degree is boundless and the industry is full of energetic and skillful individuals who act as an inspiration for aspiring job seekers.
A degree in mass communication ensures jobs in private companies, as well as high paying government jobs, in India and abroad. The media has a very strong influence over the youth of today, persuading them into taking up more and more jobs in this field. A career in mass communication would be ideal for graduates having a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in their hands, hoping to take up any job role that involves communication. Following is a list of the top 10 jobs for a mass communications graduate that would be challenging, as well as serve as a highly suitable career path in the long run :-
- Filmmaking: Filmmaking is a highly regarded career path, in India and abroad. It is an expansive and creative realm that calls for teamwork and cohesiveness. It includes feature films, documentaries, promotional films, TV commercials, music videos, etc. An ideal filmmaker should have a creative bent of mind and also display technical superiority to carry on with a successful production. The job demands a lot of work including forming ideas, story, script, cast, music, direction, sets, location, to name a few. It requires many years for an aspiring filmmaker to perfect his or her profession while studying all aspects of this very popular art form. It also demands the need for an individual to be able to weave a story, which can be started off by shooting short films or documentaries in the beginning and going on to a large scale domain in the years to come.
- Cinematography: Cinematographers or Directors of Photography (DOPs) are the individuals handling the camera. They keep the director’s vision in mind, as they go onto envision fabulous scenes with the right cuts and special effects that would suit the movie. The cinematographer has to ensure that he or she captures the correct shot in accordance with the director’s demands. They also have a crew alongside to help them with their tasks and tick off the shots from the director’s list, as they go on about their film or documentary. They help out with storing the prepared footage for editing, transporting the camera and lighting equipment to where they needed to be, and also supervising the work of other camera operators. A cinematographer is also required to showcase brilliant computing skills that would work its way during the task of editing scenes. After completing the course, the aspiring candidate can go to any small or big production house and work as a cinematographer. A strong portfolio of experience is also recommended for better opportunities.
- Screenwriting: A screenwriter or a script writer is given the responsibility of creating dialogues, characters and establishing the storyline for a film. He or she is the most important person without whom the film cannot take shape. There are various genres that a screenwriter can delve into including comic writing, drama, science fiction and others. Students seeking to pursue mass communication jobs can take this path. Screenwriters are known to have a voice that draws largely from observing the people, places and things around them. This career path is more about creativity and skill, than pay and is largely crucial for any project.
- Journalism: Journalism is a broad dimension for aspiring students and provides immense opportunities in terms of making a brilliant career path in the long run. It is satisfying in the sense of payment and work experience and engages the students in various projects that prove beneficial in enhancing the skills, interests and insights of a student. It involves investigating, analysing and reporting local as well as world events, trends, current affairs, and so on. Small publishing houses as well as news agencies hire graduates with a knack to indulge with the media. One has to be confident in spirit and have abundant knowledge about the world around. Good communication skills, a strong command over language, enthusiasm, patience and perseverance, the ability to differentiate between fact and fiction, adhering to deadlines, team cohesiveness, sensitivity to different views and lifestyles, in-depth knowledge about various fields such as politics, culture, religion, social and current affairs are all needed in the ideal candidate to avail the benefits from a successful career in this field.
- Public Relations: Public relations is a very engaging career that helps in creating not only a positive image for the company but gives an aspiring job seeker the chance to work in close quarters with the CEO of the company. It is a broad realm that stems into Public Relations Officials (PROs), Publicists, PR Specialists etc. It involves a lot of generating publicity, in addition to maintaining good contacts with important officials through any and every organisation. Product communication also goes hand in hand demanding the PR to work closely with the client’s marketing department to help launch new products or reposition existing ones. The payroll is good enough for a graduate and goes higher as the candidate gets better positions through the years.
- Copywriting: Copywriting is an interesting career choice and requires the candidate to come up with ideas and tag line that would be suitable for promoting a brand. The content created by them is catchy and informative. It also includes copying for billboards, print ads, blogs, catalogues and others. The basic salary for a graduate is a considerable amount if placed in a reputed industry. Further ahead in the career, the job responsibilities of the candidate become varied, including writing sales proposals.
- Corporate Communications: Corporate communications involve coordinating the communications output within a company. A corporate communications specialist creates and delivers emails, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, and other publications. The specialist is entrusted with a number of responsibilities and works directly under the head of the company. The pay is good and getting placed in a top company or organisation for the same post can result in early promotions and better job opportunities in a short span of time. The career path is engaging and involves brainstorming and sharing ideas with the rest of the co workers, and the collective decision is used to boost the company’s profits henceforth.
- Advertising: A degree in mass communication opens the gates to enter the advertising industry. This industry involves blending creativity with business to derive profitable outputs that would help in facilitating the working of a company. A broad stream in itself, advertising has various sub categories under it which can be pursued right after graduation.
- Web Journalism: Web journalism is a rising career for mass communications graduates. The field demands a new kind of writing and editing skills, and is immensely suited for those graduates who love to spend time on the net. It is a broad category and requires one or the other professional for various tasks. It also involves the right marketing strategies to put into use as the profits are derived right from the benefits made on the basis of clicks or viewership.
- Editing: Editing is a widely popular career options for candidates seeking mass communication jobs. It involves photography and video editing, publications etc. The field requires a good grasp over the language, as well as alertness and a creative knack. Editors ensure that the scenes in a video meet with the requirements of the director, by keeping a track of any glitches and extra scenes. This field has a lot of partakers and every industry requires editors to work with them as the manage the core of the project.
Mass communication jobs are in abundance, not only in India but also in abroad. Government agencies like Doordarshan, Zee TV, Aaj Tak and other reputed news channels take in fresh graduates with a good score. A prior experience in the field of work also adds as an advantage to many. Newspaper agencies and publication houses, too, grant a candidate prosperous roles which would amplify the career scope in the long run
M.A in Journalism & Mass Communication from Techno Institute of Management & Sciences
MAJMC offers a specialization in Mass Communication to the students coming from various disciplines. This course provides conceptual tools to the students for understanding critically how society is mediated by the media world. It gives comprehensive training in both technical skills and critical analysis of the media spectrum. The course stimulates the students to become feature film directors, documentary film makers, television producers, PROs, advertising creative heads and much more in future.
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduate under at least 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
Why Choose Techno’s MAJMC ?
- Experienced Regular & Visiting faculty for Best Education
- Workshops, Seminars and Guest Lectures by Industry Professionals
- Extra –curricular activities and personality development programs
- Scholarship available for deserving candidates
- Best overall results of Lucknow University
- Professional & disciplined campus environment
- Confirmed admission in PG for top rankers of UG
- WiFi,Air Conditioned campus & cafeteria
- Separate In house hostel facilities for boys & girls with A/C and air cooled options.
- Transportation facility for students
- Indoor & outdoor sports facility with gym & yoga
- 24 hours CCTV intelligent surveillance
- Most comprehensive library with E-books, journals, magazines and online database.
- HIGHEST RETURN ON INVESTMENT
Which of your Skills will be worked upon during the course?
- Communication Skills.
- Business Writing.
- Presentation Skills.
- Business Etiquettes.
- Interview & Group Discussion Skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Entrepreneur Skills.
- Ethics, Morals and Professionalism.
- Spiritual Self Development.
To learn more about Techno’s MAJMC log on to http://tims.edu.in/en/MJMC/60
- Hansy Mavis Sanctis, 3rd year Mass Communications and Videography Honours student from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata